2020 Training Calendar
+254 712 260 031
Take an Online Course from the safety and comfort of your own home or office.
Click to Browse our Courses
Contact us: +254 712 260 031
This certificate training is designed to introduce individuals to community development as a concept as well as basic skills in mobilizing communities for development and influencing social change. This training is, therefore, aimed at building the capacity of individuals involved in community mobilization as well as those seeking innovative approaches in community development activities.
The main purpose of this training is to provide a resource for community leaders, volunteers, and practitioners who desire to make their communities a better place. It describes the steps in the community development process and the guiding principles that explain why each step in the process is important.
The training will increase the confidence of development workers, Government officials and private practitioner as it provides a step by step approach in their quest to mobilize communities toward sustainable development.
No of Days
· Develop practitioners’ skills in participatory monitoring and evaluation of community initiatives.
· Identify and apply various tools and skills in engaging communities for development.
· Introduce advocacy as a key tool for community entry
· Introduce community organizing as a process of community development.
· Understand the concept of community development
· Assist practitioners to source resource for community development
The Concepts, Process, and Strategies for Community Development
· Understanding Communities, Development, and Mobilization
· The concept of community development
· Key elements of community development
· Community development process
· Engagement in community development process
· Steps in community engagement
· Strategies for community development
· Steps to community development
Participatory Tools for Community Development
· Understanding participatory tools
· Understanding PLA
· Steps of PLA Processing
· PLA Tools
· Processing of Community PLA activities
· Who is a Community Volunteer?
· The role of Community Volunteer in Community Development
Basic Inter Personal Communication Skills in Community Development
· Communication skills
· Presentation skills
· Facilitation skills
· Role play
Community Mobilization Events
· Community dialogue
· Rally and road shows
· Market storms
· Community Drama
Communication Strategies for Community Development
· Use of BCC tools/materials
· Visual aids
Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation of community development programme
· Procedures on how to evaluate the objectives
· Importance of PM&E in Community Development
· How to conduct PM&E?
· Key indicator in community Development
· Understanding PM&E tools
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore Development Center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore Development Center (FDC-K) in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus five hour adventure drive to the National Game Park, in Nairobi Kenya.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to Foscore Development Center account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
Start Date: 11/11/2019
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 80,000
Online Cost: USD 600, KES 48,000
Registration for this course has been closed. Please check upcoming course on the section below
Community Development Training Course
Software: Case study and Relevant Materials
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 80,000
Start Date: 08/06/2020
View Course Content
Start Date: 17/08/2020
Start Date: 26/10/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization