2019 Course Calendar
+254 712 260 031
GIS in WASH programmes integration helps in implementing target based interventions as it help creating model of complex environment in a simpler and easier way for you to understand the environment and make proper and informed decisions.Free open source GIS software for both desktop and web application is opening up possibilities for capturing and processing geographical data, and then publishing maps via the internet. The focus of water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) programmes is promoting good environmental and personal hygiene in order to improve and protect health.
Who should apply?
Public health, Environmentalist, M & E Experts, Program Manager, Civil Engineers, , Epidemiologists, Quantitative health geographers, Exposure scientists, Students and Risk assessors.
No knowledge of GIS is required. Participants will be working on their own laptop with Quantum GIS (QGIS)
By completing this course, participants will be able to:-
Key Concepts and Principles
GIS Data Management for WASH
GIS and Remote Sensing as a tool in monitoring WASH projects
Designing maps for WASH indicators
Online Publishing of maps and GIS outputs
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
Start Date: 11/11/2019
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Registration for this course has been closed. Please check upcoming course on the section below
Application of GIS Analysis in WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) Programmes Course
Software: Quantum GIS (QGIS)
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Start Date: 16/12/2019
View Course Content
Start Date: 13/01/2020
Start Date: 23/03/2020
Start Date: 01/06/2020
Start Date: 10/08/2020
Start Date: 19/10/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization