2020 - 2021 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
As natural resource managers—biologists, botanists, ecologists, environmental regulators, hydrologists, planners, miners, petroleum engineers, foresters, and farmers—you rely on the analytical power of GIS for help in making critical decisions as you manage the earth's resources.
There is no simple answer to our environmental and natural resource concerns, but whether you are restoring habitats, planting crops, drilling for oil, or monitoring endangered species there is increasing optimism that the application of GIS tools will help us become a more sustainable planet.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Biologists, botanists, ecologists, Foresters, NGO staff, Government officials in environment and conservation, environmental regulators, hydrologists, planners, miners, petroleum engineers, foresters, and farmers.
The hub of the course is the application of geoinformation and earth observation techniques in support of natural resources management. The course provides participants with knowledge and skills needed for the collection, interpretation, and management of spatial information, using remote sensing and geographic information systems, to support planning and decision-making processes in natural resources management. The curriculum concentrates on methods for assessing the state of the resource base and the changes that occur and progresses to the assessment of impacts and, finally, societal response.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Application of GIS on:
Application of GIS and RS in Biodiversity Management
· Management of Flora and Fauna
· Conservation Biology and GIS
· Ecotourism and Community-based nature conservation
· Protected area management and conflict resolution
· Biodiversity conservation & eco-tourism
· Habitat Characterization and Management
· Wildlife economics and value chain
· Ecotourism planning, & entrepreneurship
· Landscape ecology, culture diversity & eco-tourism
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry at:email@example.com or +254712260031